The Fernie Hotel is currently seeking a Head Chef to join our Award Winning Team (winner of the “Kootenay Business 2016 & 2017 Best Place to Eat & Drink Award”)
Welcome to the historic Fernie Hotel & Pub. Nestled in the heart of downtown Fernie, this pub has been a fixture since it was rebuilt after the great fire of 1908. Of the 11 hotels rebuilt after the great fire it is the only one that has been run as a hotel for that entire time.
True to its history, “The Fernie” still boasts clean rooms, cold beer and great home cooking!
The successful applicant must have experience in all aspects of the food and beverage industry including:
- managing a busy kitchen
- setting menus and food pricing
- ordering and monitoring supplies
- recruiting and training staff
- scheduling work load
- monitoring food and labour costs
- 5+ years experience as a Chef
- Red Seal
- excellent communication and leadership skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the capability of delegating multiple tasks
- maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation practices
- working knowledge of various computer software programs
Our present chef will stay on to train new chef as needed.
If you are passionate about the restaurant industry and have prior experience as a Chef we invite you to apply. Forward you resume to Wendy: firstname.lastname@example.org